Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Meadowview Cancer Treatment Center
In fall of 2020, Meadowview Regional Medical Center (MRMC), part of LifePoint Health, ceremoniously broke ground on an expansion of Meadowview Cancer Treatment Center located in Maysville, Kentucky. The expansion is made possible by an investment of more than $7.5 million from LifePoint Health.
Included in the expansion of the Meadowview Cancer Treatment Center is the high-precision Varian TrueBeam® radiotherapy system. As a fundamental piece of MRMC’s radiation oncology department, the Varian TrueBeam® radiotherapy system will deliver radiation treatments that will treat a wider array of cancer cases using a diverse range of radiation therapies. This new system will make it possible to deliver more comprehensive and effective care.
Meadowview Regional Medical Center is taking a step forward in their mission of Making Communities Healthier by offering the breadth and depth of treatment options needed to provide cancer patients in Mason County and the surrounding area with excellent high-quality care.
The architect for the Meadowview Cancer Treatment Center project is Stengel-Hill. The general contractor is Wehr Constructors, INC. The facility is expected to be completed and open to the public in spring of 2021.
From diagnostics to laser-guided radiation oncology treatments designed to pinpoint and destroy cancer cells, Meadowview Cancer Treatment Center combines proven treatments with practical information, support and patient navigation.
We provide a holistic approach to cancer care delivered by a passionate team of cancer specialists which includes:
- Radiation Oncologists - develop and manage radiation treatment plans individualized for each patient
- Medical Oncologists - the forefront of personalized care to prevent and treat cancer with as few side effects as possible, including risk assessment, counseling, and monitoring and dosing of chemotherapy
- Hematologists - specialize in the treatment of blood disorders
- Oncology certified nurses - have special training in nursing management and treatment of cancer patients
- Pharmacists - trained in the mixture of chemotherapy medication
- Social workers - offer additional support services
- Surgeons - consult with medical oncologists before and after surgery
We have created a nurturing environment in which individuals with cancer and their families receive treatment and the information, support, and encouragement they need.
Meadowview Cancer Treatment Center offers advanced technology for the treatment of cancer patients close to home.
The high-precision Varian TrueBeam® radiotherapy system will be a fundamental piece of MRMC’s radiation oncology department. The Varian TrueBeam® has proven its capabilities in treating a broad range of cancer cases with exceptional speed and accuracy in top clinics around the world.
The precision and speed enhance treatment effectiveness and deliver fast, accurate image-guided treatments within just a few minutes per day. This technology allows clinicians to deliver treatment more accurately by enabling them to “see” the tumor immediately prior to each treatment, then target those tumors with pinpoint precision while protecting nearby healthy tissue and critical organs.
Tumors sometimes grow in parts of the body that move when a patient breathes. Ensuring enhanced accuracy whenever there is tumor motion is very important, for example during lung and certain breast cancer treatments. Meadowview’s linear accelerator uses 4D imaging, so that our clinical team can see the full range of the patient's tumor’s motion while the patient breathes in real time. Treatment can be designed to compensate for breathing motion more accurately.
This linear accelerator delivers powerful cancer treatments accurately and precisely and individualized for each patient. The technology also allows for faster delivery of radiation, reducing dosage and exposure dramatically. A quicker treatment time means increased comfort for patients.
Varian’s TrueBeam® system can deliver many forms of radiotherapy, including:
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) portal imaging to provide instant digital images for treatment verifications
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) delivers higher radiation doses directly to cancer cells while minimizing radiation exposure of heart and lung tissue
- Volumetric-Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) delivers the radiation dose continuously as the treatment machine rotates minimizing the dose to the organs surrounding the tumor.
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) provides highly precise treatment of tumors in the lung, liver, and other sites
When it comes to cancer, an early diagnosis is often the most important aspect of long-term survivability. Diagnosing and staging cancer involves a multidisciplinary team of professionals that includes primary care physicians, surgeons, medical oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, and others.
These professionals rely on advanced diagnostic procedures—ranging from blood work and biopsies to detailed MRI and CT scans—to help identify the type and stage of cancer. At Meadowview Regional Medical Center we offer a full suite of diagnostic services including:
- 1.5 TESLA Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- 3D Digital mammography (ACR and FDA Accredited)
- 64 Slice Computed Tomography (CT) scan
- Nuclear medicine
- Biopsies and Fine Needle Aspirations
- Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
- Bone densitometry
- Digital X-ray
We understand the anxiety that can accompany a cancer evaluation. That’s why Meadowview Regional Medical Center, working in tandem with our medical oncologists and radiologists, continually strives to reduce the time it takes to diagnose cancer.
To learn more about outpatient imaging or to schedule your appointment, please call the MRMC Scheduling Department at 833.248.1274.
Meet our Team
Meadowview Cancer Treatment Center offers our community the latest in cancer treatment options close to home. Our team of board-certified physicians are committed to combatting cancer. That's why our approach involves a treatment plan that pairs technology with an experienced, respectful staff who are sensitive to the whole person and their needs for healing.
Wagih Shehata, MD
Stephen Anderson, MD
Stacey Howard, Radiation Therapist with over 20 years of experience
Tammy Dragoo, Radiation Therapist with over 29 years of experience
Sidney Hitch, LPN
Cancer treatment services close to home.
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 8 AM - 4:30 PM, closed daily for lunch from 12 PM - 1 PM