Cancer ServicesCall 606.759.4442
Cancer Treatment Center
In spring 2021, Meadowview Regional Medical Center (MRMC), part of LifePoint Health, celebrated the reopening of its expanded cancer treatment center located in Maysville, Kentucky. The expansion is made possible by an investment of $7.6 million from LifePoint Health. Read more about the expansion here.
Included in the expansion of the Meadowview Cancer Treatment Center is a high-precision radiotherapy system. As a fundamental piece of MRMC’s radiation oncology department, the radiotherapy system delivers radiation treatments that treat a wider array of cancer cases using a diverse range of radiation therapies. This new system makes it possible to deliver more comprehensive and effective care.
For more information about outpatient imaging or to schedule your appointment, please call the MRMC Scheduling Department.Call 833-248-1274
1115 Progress Way
Maysville, KY 41056
Meet Our Team
We provide a holistic approach to cancer care delivered by a passionate team of cancer specialists.Learn More
Candidate Member of the University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network
In spring 2021, MRMC announced its formal collaboration with the University of Kentucky (UK) Markey Cancer Center as part of the UK Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network (MCCAN). MRMC is now considered a candidate member of the UK MCCAN and is making steps toward becoming a full affiliate member. As part of this collaboration, the UK Markey Cancer Center will assist MRMC in preparing for their American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer accreditation, which is the quality standard for all MCCAN sites.
MRMC is taking a step forward in their mission of Making Communities Healthier by offering the breadth and depth of treatment options needed to provide cancer patients in Mason County and the surrounding area with excellent high-quality care.
Our Team-Centered Approach to Your Care
From diagnostics to laser-guided radiation oncology treatments designed to pinpoint and destroy cancer cells, the cancer treatment center combines proven treatments with practical information, support and patient navigation.
We provide a holistic approach to cancer care delivered by a passionate team of cancer specialists which includes:
- Radiation Oncologists - develop and manage radiation treatment plans individualized for each patient
- Medical Oncologists - the forefront of personalized care to prevent and treat cancer with as few side effects as possible, including risk assessment, counseling, and monitoring and dosing of chemotherapy
- Hematologists - specialize in the treatment of blood disorders
- Oncology certified nurses - have special training in nursing management and treatment of cancer patients
- Pharmacists - trained in the mixture of chemotherapy medication
- Social workers - offer additional support services
- Surgeons - consult with medical oncologists before and after surgery
We have created a nurturing environment in which individuals with cancer and their families receive treatment and the information, support, and encouragement they need.
High-Precision Treatment Technology
Our cancer treatment center offers high-precision radiotherapy technology for the treatment of cancer patients close to home.
Our high-precision radiotherapy system is a fundamental piece of MRMC’s radiation oncology department. The precision and speed enhance treatment effectiveness and deliver fast, accurate image-guided treatments within just a few minutes per day. This technology allows clinicians to deliver treatment more accurately by enabling them to “see” the tumor immediately prior to each treatment, then target those tumors with pinpoint precision while protecting nearby healthy tissue and critical organs.
Tumors sometimes grow in parts of the body that move when a patient breathes. Ensuring enhanced accuracy whenever there is tumor motion is very important, for example during lung and certain breast cancer treatments. Meadowview’s linear accelerator uses 4D imaging, so that our clinical team can see the full range of the patient's tumor’s motion while the patient breathes in real time. Treatment can be designed to compensate for breathing motion more accurately.
This linear accelerator delivers powerful cancer treatments accurately and precisely and individualized for each patient. The technology also allows for faster delivery of radiation, reducing dosage and exposure dramatically. A quicker treatment time means increased comfort for patients.
This treatment system can deliver many forms of radiotherapy, including:
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) portal imaging to provide instant digital images for treatment verifications
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) delivers higher radiation doses directly to cancer cells while minimizing radiation exposure of heart and lung tissue
- Volumetric-Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) delivers the radiation dose continuously as the treatment machine rotates minimizing the dose to the organs surrounding the tumor.
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) provides highly precise treatment of tumors in the lung, liver, and other sites
Navigating A Cancer Diagnosis
When it comes to cancer, an early diagnosis is often the most important aspect of long-term survivability. Diagnosing and staging cancer involves a multidisciplinary team of professionals that includes primary care physicians, surgeons, medical oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, and others.
These professionals rely on advanced diagnostic procedures—ranging from blood work and biopsies to detailed MRI and CT scans—to help identify the type and stage of cancer. At Meadowview Regional Medical Center we offer a broad range of diagnostic services including:
- 1.5 TESLA Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- 3D Digital mammography (ACR and FDA Accredited)
- 64 Slice Computed Tomography (CT) scan
- Nuclear medicine
- Biopsies and Fine Needle Aspirations
- Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
- Bone densitometry
- Digital X-ray
We understand the anxiety that can accompany a cancer evaluation. That’s why Meadowview Regional Medical Center, working in tandem with our medical oncologists and radiologists, continually strives to reduce the time it takes to diagnose cancer.